Fwd: BIGMTLIST About Arrick's Defense & Appeal

  • Louve14@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2002
      Subj: BIGMTLIST About Arrick's Defense & Appeal
      Date: 3/31/2002 8:11:08 PM Pacific Standard Time
      From: BIGMTLIST@...

      From: Carol Halberstadt <carol at migrations.com>
      Subject:  About Arrick's Defense & Appeal

      Hi Bob,

      I received this message (below) from Joe Washington. Please post.
      _____________
      Hi Carol,
      The Navajo Nation will pay for Arrick's defense and I believe that it
      will also pay for appeal.  He will have to pay the fine on his own,
      though.  The fine will have to be posted as an appeal bond when he
      appeals.  He has 20 days from the day that he was convicted and
      sentenced to appeal, but I imagine that we will do it much earlier.
      --Joe

      -- Carol S. Halberstadt, Migrations
      American Indian art and crafts /
      Black Mesa Weavers for Life and Land