APRIL 2006 FREEDOM MONTH!!

  • ProLibertad Campsign
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2006
      The ProLibertad Freedom Campaign
      ProLibertad.Campaign@... (NEW EMAIL ACCOUNT)
      http://www.ProLibertadweb.com
      ProLibertad Hotline: 718-601 4751

      In commemoration of the 26th anniversary of a series of arrests that began
      on April 4th, 1980, ProLibertad has dedicated the month of April to the
      Puerto Rican Political Prisoners; we call it FREEDOM MONTH!!  This month is
      full of activities and events to raise awareness about the Puerto Rican
      Political Prisoners and to inspire people to join the movement to free our
      Freedom fighters!!

      We freed the Nationalists in the 1970s!! We freed some of the prisoners in
      1999!!  We can make freedom happen again!!  JOIN THE MOVEMENT!!

      WE CANNOT FORGET OUR PRISONERS!! OSCAR LOPEZ RIVERA, CARLOS ALBERTO TORRES, HAYDEE BELTRAN, ANTONIO CAMACHO NEGRON, AND JOSE PEREZ GONZALEZ PRESENTE!!

      For more on the history of these arrests visit the ProLibertad website:
      http://www.ProLibertadWeb.com

      FREEDOM MONTH CALENDAR:

      STOP THE PERSECUTION!!
      Wed April 5th, 2006 6:30pm-8:30pm
      Hunter College Hostos Puerto Rican Club Room

      The ProLibertad Freedom Campaign has been working for the release of the Puerto Rican Political Prisoners for over 10 years.  With the release of 11 of the Political Prisoners in September 1999, we have re-dedicated our efforts to securing the freedom of the remaining Puerto Rican political prisoners.  Through educational events, lobbying and public pressure work and activities it is our goal to secure the freedom of these patriots whose only "crime" has been the love of their home land, Puerto Rico.  We support the release of All U.S. held Political Prisoners, oppose the U.S. colonial control of Puerto Rico, U.S. imperialism throughout the world, and the U.S. military presence in Vieques

      Join us in watching powerful political films like:
      Hasta Cuando Documentary updating the status of the 15 of the Puerto Rican Political prisoners.

      Have you seen la Nueva mujer revolucionaria puertorriqueña?
      A film with the female Puerto Rican Political prisoners giving testimony and interview about the Independence struggle and their incarceration

      Hosted by the Hostos Puerto Rican Club at Hunter College and The ProLibertad Freedom Campaign

      Monday, April 17, 2006 Reception: 6:30 to 7 • Program: 7 to 10 p.m.
      You are Invited to a Celebration for International Political Prisoners
      Hunter College West Building Room 217
      (68th St. & Lexington Ave. off the 6 train)

      Videos & Speakers:
      Ashanti Alston: Jericho Movement, Toni: Leonard Peltier Defense Committee,
      Frank Velgara: ProLibertad, Lawyer: International PP Work, Representative
      from the MOVE Org., Representative from Al-Awda & others to be announced

      Cultural Presentation:
      by Tre'Dee and T. Hayes El of Collective Flow
      Photo Exhibit of International Political Prisoners

      Donation: Only $5! All proceeds to help the prisoners

      For more information, call: 718-220-6004 and 718-601-4751
      nycjericho@...; ProLibertad@...
      Sponsored by: NYC Jericho and ProLibertad

      PEOPLE'S MASS FOR THE PUERTO RICAN POLITICAL PRISONERS!!

      The ProLibertad Freedom Campaign and La Iglesia San Romero De Las
      Americas/UCC welcome you to join us for a PEOPLE'S MASS dedicated to the
      Puerto Rican Political Prisoners.

      Speakers:
      Rev. Luis Barrios, LA Iglesia San Romero De Las Americas/UCC
      Frank Velgara, ProLibertad

      Sunday April 23, 2006 at 11:30am
      La Iglesia san Romero De Las Americas/UCC
      2410 Amsterdam Avenue 4th floor
      (Between W179th-180th Sts.)
      Take the 1 or 9 train to W181st and Broadway and then walk to Amsterdam Ave.

      FREEDOM NOW!!  The Cases of the Puerto Rican and Cuban Political Prisoners

      DID YOU KNOW THAT THE U.S. GOVERNMENT WILL JAIL YOU FOR FIGHTING AGAINST
      TERRORISM?

      DID YOU KNOW PUERTO RICO HAS BEEN A COLONY FOR 107 YEARS?

      Join us for an afternoon discussion on U.S. foreign policy with Cuba and
      Puerto Rico.

      Also, learn about the Puerto Rican and Cuban political prisoners!!  These
      NINE REVOLUTIONARIES have been jailed by the U.S. government for fighting
      for justice and freedom!!

      Come and learn how you can join the international movement to free these
      political prisoners!!

      Tues. April 25th 5-7pm
      NYU Kimmel Student
      Center 60 Washington Sq South  Room 805
      (Btwn. Laguardia Place and Thompson)

      A reception will follow with FOOD

      This event is brought to you by The Hispanic Scholarship Fund,
      LUCHA, ProLibertad and the Popular Education Project to Free the Cuban 5.