Gionata News: Vigils of Prayer for Victims of Homophobia: seeds of Hope for our communities

  • David Lohman
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2012

      Many coloured hands interweave all together to build a multicolour cross … this sign will ideally bind together the vigils of prayers for victims of homophobia 2012 in some European countries such as Italy and Spain under the common theme from the Gospel “whoever says he is in the light, yet hates his brother, is still in the darkness” (1 John 2,9).

      A video uploaded on You Tube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tJlhyiN53lQ) tells about this unique moment of ecumenical prayer that will take place around the 17th of May, International Day Against Homophobia… as we cannot stay silent when millions of women and men are suffering or have been threatened, tortured or even killed somewhere in the world, just because they exist and they love the way the Lord has given to them.

      That's why we invite all the Christian congregations and all the people of good will, to hold a Vigil with us or to remember the homosexual people who have been victims of violence, harassment or rejection by families, society and the churches during the Sunday Mass or Worship during the month of May.

      Please, help us to get this initiative to know.  Vigils tell about Hope, make sure that it will be also yours

      Find out more about the Vigils by clicking on: http://www.gionata.org/17th-may-vigil-of-prayer-for-victims-of-homophobia.html

      Facebook:

      http://www.facebook.com/events/207715485998875/

      For contacts:

      gionatanews@...

      Gionata, progetto su Fede e omosessualità  -  Gionata, Ecumenical Project on faith and homosexuality
      Gionata, projet œcuménique de la foi et l'homosexualit  -  Gionata, Proyecto Ecuménico en la fe y la homosexualidad

      Gionata aderisce all'European Forum of Gay, Lesbian Bisexual and Transgender Christian Groups (Forum Europeo dei Gruppi Cristiani GLBT)

      Website: http://www.gionata.org  - Email: gionatanews@...

      GionataBlog: http://gionata.wordpress.com/  -  NoemiForum: http://noemi.forumattivo.com/

      Ai sensi dell'art. 13 del DLgs n.196/03, il vostro indirizzo e-mail non sarà comunicato a terzi.
      Per cancellarlo dal nostro indirizzario inviare una e-mail con oggetto CANCE
      LLATEMI