Time To Embrace: Website updates, Listening in Lent

  • David Lohman
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2011

      From: Rev. Janet Edwards [mailto:janetmccuneedwards@...]
      Sent: Friday, April 01, 2011 11:42 AM
      To: David Lohman
      Subject: Time To Embrace: Website updates, Listening in Lent

      Dear Friends,

      This week marks the two-year anniversary of my website, www.TimeToEmbrace.com.  Blogging has been a great journey for me and I’m thankful to all of you for your support.  Together we have created a place for dialogue on inclusion of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender faithful into the life of the church.

      Today, it’s my great pleasure to let you know about some new features in this online space for our conversation.

      ·         You can now search for content on www.TimeToEmbrace.com by a keyword, chapter or verse. Just put italics around your search terms in the search bar at the top of the homepage. For example, “Last Supper” or “Micah 6:8”

      ·         I’ve added two new sections for our dialogue: Conversations and Study & Discern.

      o   Conversationsare with all kinds of Christians. I hope you enjoy them. Please let me know if you’d like to sit down and talk with me for this kind of piece.

      o   Study & Discern pieces are personal reflections upon the way Scripture directs my faith and service in Christ. I treasure your comments, knowing they will help us all follow Jesus' way.

      You can also read my most recent post, A Lenten Pause to Give Up And Question, here. In it I write about giving up assumptions that prevent us from truly listening to one another.

      As always, thank you again for continuing this conversation with me.

      Peace,

      Reverend Janet