Need Your Expertise

  • albert mcclain
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2000
      Hi! My name is AL. I have been looking for a site where I feel i could get
      an honest answer. I hope U help provide that answer. I just want you to know
      i'm not trying to make waves! So with fear and trembling here goes:

      I am an older guy who is attracted to men only and has never been
      attracted to the so called "gay lifestyle." The way i have met men
      of same sex orientation has been on a hit and miss basis. I have NEVER
      been inside a gay bar or club. I am a Christian and belong to an
      intergenerational Roman Catholic Parish whose members accept me
      unconditionally.

      The problem: Before i became a member of this parish, I visited a
      local "gay" church on my own to see what it was like. I was
      made to feel uncomfortable. I was ignored by both the people and the
      minister. I am known as an outgoing person and have many close friendships
      with straight men and women who know of my orientation.
      The "gay" church followers didn't even give me a chance to introduce myself!
      I left feeling
      (pardon the expression,) like shit!

      After my emotional reactions subsided, I came to this conclusion.
      (1) I was rejected because of my being physically unattractive.
      (2) The age factor

      In regard to relationships, my straight friends use more
      realistic criteria for accepting me. Im asking U should I even bother
      to try to reach out to others of the same orientation when all i can expect
      is rejection? I have some SOLID straight relationships and i don't want to
      give them up for a mess of pottage! Should i even consider
      seeking friends of the same orientation when such shallow cosmetic criteria
      is used as a basis of contact? How would U handle such a situation? PAX!
      AL

      http://profiles.msn.com