WITNESS OUR WELCOME 2003 CONFERENCE - August - Philadelphia, PA

  • Witness Our Welcome: Charlotte
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2003
      Come join us at

      Witness our Welcome (WOW) 2003
      at the
      University of Pennsylvania
      in the heart of Philadelphia,
      August 14-17, 2003.

      www.wow2k.org

      Info now available online!

      Witness our Welcome (WOW) is an ecumenical gathering of sexually and gender inclusive Christians from Canada and the U.S. who support the full inclusion of LGBT persons in our congregations and ministries.

      We want to build on the momentum of WOW2000 that brought together more than 1,000 people for a festive celebration of the breadth, diversity and power of the Welcoming Church Movement, along with many other LGBT-affirming persons and groups. We expect to increase attendance at WOW2003 by 50%!

      Plan now to attend the WOW2003 Conference and be a part of this historic gathering of the people of God. Explore the Event Details through the top drop down menus to see the awesome activities that you can participate in at WOW2003.

      Register early (by May 14th) to get a discount on fees--and ensure your place at this unique, massive assembly. To register visit our Registration page.

      Top of Page

      Our Mission
      We, God's people, gathering at WOW2003, commit:
      to invite, welcome and affirm every person of every sexual orientation and gender identity;to struggle to make a safe space, respecting people from all diverse backgrounds;to worship, study and play, opening ourselves to the work of the Holy Spirit through transformation and justice;to add our voices to the Welcoming Church Movement, striving for justice and inclusion for ALL people within the Body of Christ.
      Top of Page

      What impact do we expect WOW2003 to have?
      WOW2003 will be the largest ever gathering of Christians�lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and heterosexual�from diverse faith traditions advocating justice and equality for LGBT persons. For too long the primary Christian voices heard in our society have condemned LGBT persons and their families and friends. WOW2003 will mobilize an even larger and stronger grass roots Christian movement to combat homophobia and heterosexism. Widespread media coverage of WOW2003 can help transform social discourse on issues of sexual and gender orientation in the U.S. and Canada.
      ******** The WOW2003 web site, www.wow2k.org, now contains more detailed information on the WOW2003 program and logistics. Check it out...and encourage friends and colleagues to visit the site now. You will be able to register in about two weeks through several options: a) register online; b) download a registration form from the web site; or c) get registration information and form in the mail. Note that you will save $$ by registering early--by May 14th. We will be posting more information on the web site in the coming weeks. You will also receive more WOW2003 information via occasional email newsletters. Begin confirming your plans now so you won't miss this historic, massive gathering of Christians advocating and affirming persons of all sexual and gender orientations. Mark BowmanWOW2003 Coordinator

      Witness Our Welcome - Charlotte, NC
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wowcharlotte