Fw: URGENT: Request Sign-On to Religious Statement re. Murder of George Tiller

  • Rev. Debra W. Haffner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2009

      Dear colleagues,

      In the wake of the tragic murder of Dr. George Tiller yesterday, we believe it is important that religious leaders speak out with a collective voice. The Religious Institute and the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice are urgently collecting endorsements from religious leaders to the statement you will find below.

       We would be most grateful if you would also give us your endorsement of the statement regarding Dr. Tiller.  It is time for us as religious leaders to speak out together.

      To endorse, please send a reply to info@...

      Thank you.

      Debra

      ***********************************
      RELIGIOUS LEADERS RESPOND TO THE MURDER OF DR. GEORGE TILLER

      As religious leaders, we affirm that life is sacred.

      We mourn for Dr. George Tiller. We decry the cruel act of violence that
      ended his life. We pray for his family, friends, colleagues, and staff, and
      for the untold number of women and families who have been deprived of his
      compassionate care.

      We condemn physical and verbal violence and harassment directed against
      abortion clinics, their staffs, and their clients. We call for a society
      that assures safe access and delivery of reproductive health care services,
      both for the women and families who need them, and the practitioners who
      provide them.

      June 1, 2009

      To endorse:  info@...

      The Reverend Debra W. Haffner