WITNESS OUR WELCOME CHARLOTTE - A network of sexually and gender diverse Christians in the Charlotte Area!

  • John Mayes
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2002
      WITNESS OUR WELCOME CHARLOTTE
      Witness Our Welcome Charlotte is a network of welcoming Christian churches, organizations, and individuals in the greater Charlotte NC area ministering in the name of Jesus Christ among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender persons and to all who are called to a life of faith!

      Are you in need of spiritual support and encouragement in a nonjudgemental atmosphere? Are you seeking the company of others who are LGBT and who have values similar to your own? Are you desiring to help change the damaging teachings and hurtful nature of the institutional church? Do you desire to worship God in a way that affirms you and encourages the very best in you? Witness Our Welcome is a network of sexually and gender diverse Christians in the Charlotte Area providing information, support, encouragement, resources, and more to its members and the community at large.

      Well come join WOWCharlotte ... Welcome to All!

      These are appropriate words for everyone who joins the WOWCharlotte group at Yahoo!Groups ... an unofficial, free, easy-to-use email group service for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgendered, and Straight Christians and People of Faith who are part of the Welcoming Church Movement. Please take a moment to review this message.

      Witness Our Welcome 2000 Conference (WOW 2000 - http://www.wow2k.org) was the first-ever diverse assembly of Christians to address the concerns of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered persons and their families. Over 1,000 persons gathered in August 2000 outside Chicago for this historic event. Named for this WOW2000 Conference and following its lead, this emailing list network also takes on its mission:

      Our Mission Statement - We, God's people, in WOWCharlotte, commit to:
      invite, welcome and affirm every person of every sexual orientation and gender identity;
      struggle to make a safe space, respecting people from all diverse backgrounds;
      worship, study and play, opening ourselves to the work of the Holy Spirit through transformation and justice;
      add our voices to the Welcoming Church Movement, striving for justice and inclusion for ALL people within the Body of Christ.

      POLICIES: Since this emailing listserve has an open membership (with a confidential membership list), posting of notes here is NOT CONFIDENTIAL and all posts are available for public viewing. In keeping with our intentions, all postings to this list are expected to be courteous, respectful, supportive, constructive, & in good taste as they aim to contribute to the community building & people supportive intentions of this Christian Fellowship.

      We hope you will Join us! Please feel free to pass this information on to others.