"Journey to a Hate Free Millennium"

  • joni1111@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2008

      UCC Teens & Youth!

      YOU ARE INVITED TO ATTEND:

      First Grace was blessed enough to get Brent Scarpo, the writer/director/creator of internationally acclaimed movie & program Journey to a Hate Free Millennium to offer a program directed to youth about working to become a more hate-free society.

      SUNDAY, MARCH 9TH AT 2:00PM
      FIRST GRACE UCC
      350 S. PORTAGE PATH
      AKRON, OH 44320
      Ben/330-388-3181

      Journey to a Hate Free Millennium is the multiple award-winning documentary that seeks solutions to ending HATE and the terrible hate crimes that have become frequent events in our daily lives. The stirring and powerful film centers around true stories taken direct from the national headlines including: The dreadful student shootings at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado; the torturous dragging death of James Byrd, Jr., an African-American man in Texas; and the brutal beating death of Matthew Shephard, a gay college student in Wyoming. The inspiring documentary addresses the subject of HATE by searching out the origins of how it is "taught and learned," the scope of its danger beginning with childhood taunting to murder. Viewers are invited to take a stand against HATE and create their own vision of a world free of HATE, where senseless acts of violence are a thing of the past. The program utilizes the groundbreaking documentary in an interactive, multi-media presentation that impacts and changes students' view of HATE in their world.

      The event starts at 2:00pm, refreshments will be provided. We are inviting all UCC youth/teens and local Akron youth/teens to engage with this groundbreaking movie, conversation, and breakout sessions. Brent's devotion and interest in this is Akron-based program exclusively for our teens is very exciting.

      First Grace would love to see at least 100 youth attend this event. This is really a pretty amazing opportunity and event for our youth groups in the UCC!!

      ANY QUESTIONS?
      Contact Ben Bisbee, Advocate for Youth Ministry at First Grace at 330-388-3181 or bbisbee@...

      PS: please forward this to other area church youth groups that you network with to help spread the word!

      Ben

      Ben Bisbee
      Advocate for Youth Ministries

      First Grace United Church of Christ
      350 South Portage Path
      Akron, Ohio 44320
      330-762-8469

      Joni Christian
      Working for a Hate Free Society
      330-297-6226
      330-472-3763

      Click now for huge savings on quality flooring materials!