Religious Society of Friends - FLGBTQC Mid-Winter Gathering
- This year, Friends for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Concerns of North America (FLGBTQC) is holding its annual Mid-Winter Gathering over President's Day weekend February 15-18, and we welcome you to join us.
Friends for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Concerns is a faith community within the Religious Society of Friends ("Quakers"). FLGBTQC deeply honors, affirms, and upholds that of God in all people. We seek to know that of God within ourselves and others. We seek to express God's truth in the Quaker and in the lesbian/gay/bisexual/transsexual/transgender communities, as it is made known to us.
At the Gathering, not only will you get a chance to meet new friends and catch up with old ones, you'll also have opportunities to:
· Attend workshops and activities
· Hear Wendy Sanford (an original author of "Our Bodies, Our Selves") speak
· Listen to Queer Canadian singer/songwriter/spoken word artist Evalyn Parry
· Dance to live music by Minnesota's own Pig's Eye Landing
· Eat wonderful meals
· Warm up in front of one of the many fireplaces
· Learn about Quakerism
· Play in the snow
· Sing around the piano
· Bake cookies -- and eat them, of course
· Gaze at millions of stars (and maybe even some Northern Lights)
· Enjoy a bonfire
· And much more!
There are still spaces available. Costs are $175 per adult and only $40 for under-18s. Work grants and scholarship funds are available. Additional information and registration forms are online at http://flgbtqc.quaker.org/gatherings.html. Questions can be addressed to us through that website or by phone (John at 612-371-4769 or Nordis at 952-927-5765).