WELCOME TO THE NEW WEEK!!! :-)

  • Rev. Paul M. Turner
    Message 1 of 525 , Dec 1, 2007
      Dear Gentle Folks,

      Let us carry these words of our savior in our heart and mind as we journey
      our week:

      "You're familiar with the old written law, 'Love your friend,' and its
      unwritten companion, 'Hate your enemy.' I'm challenging that. I'm telling
      you to love your enemies. Let them bring out the best in you, not the worst.
      When someone gives you a hard time, respond with the energies of prayer, for
      then you are working out of your true selves, your God-created selves. This
      is what God does. He gives his best-the sun to warm and the rain to
      nourish-to everyone, regardless: the good and bad, the nice and nasty. If
      all you do is love the lovable, do you expect a bonus? Anybody can do that.
      If you simply say hello to those who greet you, do you expect a medal? Any
      run-of-the-mill sinner does that."

      Matthew 5:46-47 (The Message)

      God Bless,
      Pastor Paul
      <http://www.gentlespirit.org/> http://www.gentlespirit.org
    • Pastor Paul Turner
      Message 525 of 525 , May 17 5:03 AM

        Dear Gentle folks,

        Let us journey our week with these words first and foremost in our mind:

        "Don’t fool yourself into thinking that you are a listener when you are anything but, letting the Word go in one ear and out the other. Act on what you hear! Those who hear and don’t act are like those who glance in the mirror, walk away, and two minutes later have no idea who they are, what they look like."  James 1:22-24 (MSG)

        GSCC_Logo"The Church Without Walls" www.gentlespirit.org