WELCOME TO THE NEW WEEK!!! :-)

  • Rev. Paul M. Turner
    Message 1 of 661 , Dec 1, 2007
      Dear Gentle Folks,

      Let us carry these words of our savior in our heart and mind as we journey
      our week:

      "You're familiar with the old written law, 'Love your friend,' and its
      unwritten companion, 'Hate your enemy.' I'm challenging that. I'm telling
      you to love your enemies. Let them bring out the best in you, not the worst.
      When someone gives you a hard time, respond with the energies of prayer, for
      then you are working out of your true selves, your God-created selves. This
      is what God does. He gives his best-the sun to warm and the rain to
      nourish-to everyone, regardless: the good and bad, the nice and nasty. If
      all you do is love the lovable, do you expect a bonus? Anybody can do that.
      If you simply say hello to those who greet you, do you expect a medal? Any
      run-of-the-mill sinner does that."

      Matthew 5:46-47 (The Message)

      God Bless,
      Pastor Paul
      <http://www.gentlespirit.org/> http://www.gentlespirit.org
    • Pastor Paul Turner
      Message 661 of 661 , Today at 4:38 AM

        As we journey our week let us live out the meaning of these words:

        “Everything in the world is about to be wrapped up, so take nothing for granted. Stay wide-awake in prayer. Most of all, love each other as if your life depended on it. Love makes up for practically anything. Be quick to give a meal to the hungry, a bed to the homeless—cheerfully. Be generous with the different things God gave you, passing them around so all get in on it: if words, let it be God’s words; if help, let it be God’s hearty help. That way, God’s bright presence will be evident in everything through Jesus, and he’ll get all the credit as the One mighty in everything—encores to the end of time. Oh, yes!”  1 Peter 4:7-11 (MSG)

        GSCC logo