Re: [IWR Forum] New Book

  • RMMVoelkel@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2006
      Dear Donna,

      I have not heard of the book, but am looking into to see if we should list it on the IWR site.  Thanks for sharing it!

      I also wanted to say that I've gotten some feedback about the fact that some folks might be confused about the Institute for Welcoming Resources-- A Program of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force.

      Just for clarity's sake, here are the folks working on the program:

      Rev. Rebecca Voelkel-- Program Director
      David Lohman-- Program Associate
      Meredith Bischoff-- Webmaster
      Sara Boesser-- News Service Coordinator

      Our primary mission is to resource the Welcoming Church Movement.  If you have any resources or needs, please don't hesitate to be in touch with us.  And please continue to visit the website at www.welcomingresources.org

      Blessings to you!

      In peace,

      Rebecca

      Rev. Rebecca Voelkel
      Program Director
      Institute for Welcoming Resources
      www.welcomingresources.org
      612.821.4397

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2006
        Rebecca,

        Thanks for the update.  If I gave you the impression I was confused about IWR and it's new relation with NGLTF, then I apologize.  I'm new to all of this, but I am clear about IWR.

        As for providing a resource, I am more than happy to talk to any congregration about transgenderism at any time.  I'm hoping to do more such talks to the faith community here in Kansas City over the coming months.

        Peace be with you,

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 11, 2006
          Dear Donna,

          I'm sorry.  I actually used the occasion of responding to your email in particular to share a general piece of feedback I'd just gotten from Debra Haffner at the Religious Institute for Sexual Morality, Justice and Healing.  So sorry to make it look like I thought you didn't understand.  Debra really thought that other folks were staff (especially the pastor who posts the welcoming to the week pieces)

          In terms of your presentations-- if you send us when and where you are speaking, we would love to post the events on the national calendar.

          Thanks!

          Rebecca

          Rev. Rebecca Voelkel
          Program Director