RE: [IWR Forum] news from Asheville, NC

  • Emily Eastwood
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 20, 2006

      What a courageous move on his part!

      Thanks for sharing this, Ken.

      Emily Eastwood

      Executive Director

      Lutherans Concerned/North America

      651-665-0861 (office)

      651-665-0863 (fax)

      exec@...

      From: IWRForum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:IWRForum@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Ken Sehested
      Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 2:44 PM
      To: Institute for Welcoming Resources Forum
      Subject: [IWR Forum] news from Asheville , NC

      Friend and local UCC pastor Joe Hoffman got front-page (above the fold) coverage in our newspaper this morning for yesterday's sermon, where he not only affirmed gay marriage but also declared his unwillingness in the future to sign marriage certificates for straight couples.

      Here's the web link for the article: http://citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060220/NEWS01/60219022/1001

      Joe's sermon (where he quotes our own Rebecca Voelkel's article which I'd forwarded to him some weeks ago), and a list of resources he prepared, are attached FYI.

      I'm encouraging you to send Joe a short note of appreciation/encouragement: RevJoeHof@...

      Ken Sehested