Participation Wanted for New Vasa Previa Research Project!

  • Cindy Paris
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 27, 2012
      If you are in Australia, please help us by contacting Lesley Halliday and participating in this study. If you are currently pregnant, or have previously been pregnant, and diagnosed with vasa previa, we would appreciate your help!

      Please contact Dr Lesley Halliday on (02) 9382 1837 or email l.halliday@... to participate in this very important study. Thank you!

      The International Vasa Previa Foundation (IVPF) is thrilled to announce that thanks to the generous donations received, we have been able to provide funding for an important study of the incidence, management and outcomes of vasa previa. The study will be conducted using data collected by the Australian Maternity Outcomes Surveillance System (AMOSS). This will be the first national population-based study of vasa previa conducted any where in the world. It also will be qualitative study to explore the experience of pregnancy and birth for women with vasa previa and will give a much needed ‘voice’ to the meaning and significance of vasa previa from a consumer perspective. The study is due to begin later in 2012 and will run for two years. Information and knowledge generated from this project will provide important guidance for obstetricians, sonographers and other health professionals about the diagnosis, management and outcomes of vasa previa and about providing optimal maternal and fetal care. This is an exciting time for the IVPF and we look forward to keeping you informed as the study progresses.

      Kind regards,
      Cindy Paris, Co-Founder, Secretary, and Director
      International Vasa Previa Foundation

      Visit http://IVPF.org to learn about vasa previa. It only takes a moment to diagnose life...