September IVPF Member Meeting

  • Amy
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 16, 2002
      Hi Everyone!

      In case some of you don't know me, my name is Amy Brown Gaghagen.
      My nephew Joey Hambright died because of undiagnosed vasa previa in
      1998. Now, not even five years later, there are hundreds of us here
      on the internet joining together to save other babies (or our own)
      from this heartless condition. There are thousands of pieces on
      information about vasa previa available at our fingertips. Babies
      are more frequently diagnosed with vasa previa and saved by c-
      section. And I am President of the only organization dedicated to
      saving infant lives by raising awareness of this rare condition, the
      Vasa Previa Foundation!

      Today's technology is helping to spread the knowledge about which
      prenatal conditions have the potential to develop into vasa previa.
      But there is still so much to be done. Many times doctors don't
      follow up women presenting with these conditions and lose the
      opportunity to diagnose an almost certain killer. The VPF is
      striving to make vasa previa as well known as any other medical
      condition.

      Would you like to learn more about how the VPF works and what it has
      achieved so far? Do you have ideas you'd like to suggest to the VPF
      that would help the cause? If you received this email, you are
      considered a general member of VPF. If you'd like to become even
      more involved, please reply with your request for free participating
      (voting) membership in the VPF. At the very least, attend these
      meetings and tell us what you think!

      This month the meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 18 at
      10:00am Central Standard Time in the Vasa Previa General Room of the
      VPF Chat Cafe. Please join us! Your opinion matters. It is my
      fervent hope and prayer that one day infant death due to vasa previa
      will be the exception instead of the rule. I'm sure it is yours too!

      -Kindest regards,

      Amy Brown Gaghagen, President
      Vasa Previa Foundation
      http://www.vasaprevia.com