Your support is greatly appreciated

  • Victoria Goldstein
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14 9:20 PM

      Walk for Vasa Previa Research

      One baby step at a time

         Please help me raise money for research
      to prevent vasa previa deaths

      Thank you,

      Victoria Goldstein

      In memory of Sophie Isabelle Macadar ^j^

      August 27, 2001

      On Wednesday, August 27th, to commemorate the one year anniversary of Sophie's birth, I will be walking 10 kms. (6.6. miles) from Boca Raton to Delray Beach to raise money for research to prevent vasa previa deaths. The sponsor of this event is the Vasa Previa Foundation (VPF), a volunteer, not-for-profit organization founded by parents, who like me, lost a child to this devastating condition.

      Last August 27th, should have been one of the happiest days of my life.  Instead, I lost my full term perfectly healthy daughter, Sophie Isabelle, to vasa previa, a condition that if undiagnosed, has a death rate as high as 95%.  When diagnosed prenatally via color doppler ultrasound, the survival rate is 95%.

      This is one of many fundraising events that the VPF will be sponsoring throughout the world. The proceeds will go towards the VPF's participation at medical congresses.

      Any amount you would like to pledge will be greatly appreciated. Checks should be made out to "International Vasa Previa Foundation" and sent to me at 1498 SW 1st Street, Boca Raton, FL 33486 U.S.A.

      Thank you in advance for your support!