Records needed for dr. Oyelese´s research!!

  • Marlou van Dijck
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2002
      It only takes a moment to diagnose life

      International Vasa Previa Foundation, Inc.

      It only takes a moment to diagnose life...

      Dear members,

      First of all, thanks to all of you who have taken the time to respond to our questionnaire for the research Dr. Oyelese is preparing on vasa previa.

      Your contributions are ensuring that we help stop senseless vp deaths.

      But we still need your help and we need it urgently.  We are in need of everyone's records as Victoria Goldstein had stated in previous emails.  The questionnaire answers without your records cannot be submitted.  We need to have the information of at least 50 members.  So far, we have information for 71 women with vp/vi but only records for 10 of the 71.

      Dr. Oyelese will be submitting the paper for publication in two weeks so we need to make sure all of you send Victoria your records as soon as possible. As a reminder, what we are looking for is Dr.'s or hospital's proof that you had vp through:

      ·       Ultrasound report

      ·       Operation report

      ·       Placenta pathology report

      ·       Hospital conclusion

      ·       ECG

      ·       Death certificate

      .

      If you could please ask your OB or doctor for one of the following records, stating you had vp/vi, we would be extremely grateful!

      Please send these records, together with a declaration that the IVPF may use this info for the study, to:

      Victoria Goldstein

      1498 S.W. 1st Street
      Boca Raton, FL 33486

      Thanks for your attention and co-operation.

      Kind regards,

      Marlou van Dijck

      Amy Gaghagen

      International Vasa Previa Foundation