Loud Booms Shake NC

  • Steve Wingate
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2003
      (Tesla weapons being tested? --SW)

      The Moore County, North Carolina, 911 center was flooded with calls early Sunday morning
      from residents who reported hearing loud explosions.

      http://www.thepilot.com/news/111903Boom.html

      The Moore County 911 center was flooded with calls early Sunday morning from residents
      who reported hearing loud explosions. Two sets of explosions were heard throughout the
      county in the early morning hours. Similar reports poured into 911 centers in Anson,
      Chatham and Orange counties as well.

      In Moore County, calls started coming in from residents in the Robbins area at 1:17 a.m.
      Residents reported hearing two loud explosions, said Mike Cameron, supervisor of the
      Moore County E-911 center.

      The calls died down but picked up again about 5:20 a.m. This time, the calls came from
      Pinehurst and Aberdeen residents. Callers reported hearing the same noise that people in
      the northern part of the county heard a few hours earlier - two loud booms.

      County dispatchers answered nearly 300 calls about the explosions. Many callers reported
      the explosions set off burglar alarms, knocked picture frames off the walls, and
      shattered windows.

      "They heard stuff falling on the roof, "Cameron said. "People asked if it was safe to go
      outside, if we were under attack."

      Some people initially thought an exploding methamphetamine lab could have been the source
      of the loud booms. Local law-enforcement officers who were patrolling the area could not
      find any evidence of an explosion.

      "If there had been an explosion, we would have found evidence of that," Cameron said.

      The cause of the booms remains a mystery.

      One possibility could be a sonic boom, which is caused when an aircraft flies faster then
      the speed of sound.

      Master Sgt. Bob Blauser, public affairs superintendent for Pope Air Force Base, said the
      base has no planes that could produce a sonic boom.

      "Whatever it was, it wasn't a result of anything at Pope Air Force Base," Blauser said.

      Officials from Seymour Johnson and Shaw Air Force bases and Cherry Point Marine Air
      Station said they had no aircraft capable of creating a sonic boom flying in the area at
      those times.

      Ben Nelson of Westmoore, an off-duty 911 dispatcher, was lying on his couch talking on
      the phone with his girlfriend when he heard and felt a thunderous boom followed by a
      smaller one.

      "It shook my house and actually moved the couch several inches off the wall," Nelson
      said.

      He thought a plane had crashed in his yard. He ran upstairs to check on his mother, who
      he said was already out of bed. Then he ran outside to see if a plane had crashed.

      He saw a commercial jet flying in the distance.

      "It wasn't military," he said.

      Nelson, who was in the Air Force for four years and heard sonic booms before, said this
      was not a sonic boom.

      "A sonic boom is a low-pitched thump," he said. "This was more concentrated. This was
      louder and sounded closer."

      Because the sound was heard twice and four hours apart in surrounding areas also leads
      him to believe the sound was not a sonic boom.

      "I've sat and thought about it, thought about it, talked about it with work people and
      friends," he said. "I don't know what it was.. But somebody knows something."

      ANOMALOUS IMAGES AND UFO FILES
      http://www.anomalous-images.com