Windows Azure Workshop For Developers / IT Pros / Business Decision Makers

  • Hossam I. Al-Fraih
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2011
      Windows Azure Camps For Developers / IT Pros / Business Decision Makers

      This is a FREE Windows Azure workshop that is going to be in Khobar, Riyadh, and Jeddah.

      Both male & females are welcome.

      Hope you will enjoy it!

      Regards,

      Hossam Alfraih (MCP, MCTS, MCITP)

      Sr. Database Architect | Al-Elm Co.

      Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

      Connect with us

      Windows Azure DevCamp

      Join us to learn about the exciting new Windows Azure developer platform!  Windows Azure will open up a host of new application and multi-screen development opportunities, and this briefing will give you a jumpstart in understanding how to take advantage of them.

      Fauzan Khan

      Solutions Architect

      Microsoft Arabia

      KHOBAR – 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM, TUE, DECEMBER 20

      RIYADH – 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM, SUN, DECEMBER 25

      JEDDAH – 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM, MON, DECEMBER 26

      In December we will be holding a series of special Windows Azure events for developers. At the Windows Azure DevCamp you’ll learn what’s new in developing cloud solutions using Windows Azure.  Windows Azure is an internet-scale cloud computing and services platform hosted in Microsoft data centers.  Windows Azure provides an operating system and a set of developer services used to build cloud-based solutions. The Azure DevCamp is a great place to get started with Windows Azure development or to learn what’s new with the latest Windows Azure features.

      We will cover the following topics at the Windows Azure DevCamp:

      ·         9:00 – 10:00 a.m. – Getting Started with Windows Azure

      Learn how to get started building applications for Windows Azure with the Windows Azure SDK & Tools.

      ·         10:15 – 11:15 a.m. – Using Windows Azure Storage

      Modern apps don't just store data on local disks. Your users expect to have 24/7 access to their files and settings wherever they go. This session will show you how you can use Windows Azure Storage and SQL Azure to store your data to give your users the experience they expect. We will have an in depth look into how to handle scale so that your app gives your users the data they want when they want it. We will also look at the security solutions available on Windows Azure to ensure your user's data remains protected. You will leave this session with an understanding of when and how to use each of the various storage solutions in the Windows Azure platform to enhance your modern Windows app.

      ·         11:30 – 12:30 p.m. – Understanding SQL Azure

      What if you could have all the rich SQL database functionality as a continuously available service on the Windows Azure Platform without having to worry about purchasing, installing and maintaining database server hardware and software?  Well you can, it's called SQL Azure Database, and if you know how to develop SQL Server database applications you already have everything you need to get started using it as a part of your Windows Azure applications.  In this session we'll give you a technical overview of SQL Azure Database and how it differs from on-premise SQL Server, and we'll show you some tips and tricks to get you started developing new database applications or migrating existing SQL Server databases to the cloud.  We'll also give you a preview of some other database related services that will be available soon on the Windows Azure Platform.

      ·         1:30 – 2:30 p.m. – Securing, Connecting and Scaling

      This talk discusses the role of the Windows Azure AppFabric Access Control Service (ACS) in managing identity and access control for apps running on the Windows platform. ACS offers developers the means to offload most of the complexity of handling authentication, regardless of where the app will be hosted or from where it will be consumed, to a cloud-hosted service. After a brief introduction to the approach behind ACS, the talk will highlight how developers can take advantage of Windows Identity Foundation to easily connect to ACS, and will demonstrate various scenarios ACS unlocks such as enabling Windows 8 apps to authenticate users from Facebook, Google, or Windows Live ID and reusing AD accounts with apps hosted in Windows Azure without requiring Windows Azure Connect.

      ·         2:45 – 3:45 p.m. – Application Scenarios

      During this session we will cover common application scenarios that showcase application scenarios including: Devices, Gaming, SharePoint, and HPC.

      Register Now!

      A limited number of seats are also available to attend the event in-person. Registration is required to attend in-person.  Register Now to reserve your seat.

      Download the Tools!

      ·         Windows Azure SDK

      ·         Windows Azure Training Kit – December 2011 Update

      ·         Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows Phone

      ·         Windows Azure Toolkit for iOS

      ·         Windows Azure Toolkit for Android