SAVE THE DATE for The 9th Learning and Technology Conference - SAVE THE DATE
SAVE THE DATE
The 9th Learning and Technology Conference:
“Learning by Design: Purpose, Art & Motion"
Monday 12 - 13 December, 2011
Effat University, Jeddah
Park Hyatt, Jeddah
View Event Summary
Become a Fan
Effat University launches a two-day Conference on December 12-13, 2011 (corresponding to Moharam 17-18-1433 H), Jeddah-Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
The conference topics will examine how to utilize the benefits of advanced technologies in learning by design paradigm with featured speakers ranging from professional Saudi youth to global academic experts in the field.
The conference has a further goal of developing future learners as proactive individuals that help in the positive social motion of their communities.
1. Informalizing and Personalizing Learning: Personal Learning Environments, Social networking, and Gaming.
2. Tools, Products, and Technologies: Videos, Graphics, Animation and Audio Technology, Simulations, Virtual Reality, Virtual Worlds, Collaboration, and Mobile Learning Technologies.
3. Pedagogy and Methods for Effective Learning and/or Teaching: Curriculum Development, Methodologies, Learning and Teaching Strategies, Learner as a Designer, Relationship between Art and Learning, Tools for teaching creativity, Problem Solving, Communication, Leadership, and Lessons learned and Best Practices.
4. Impact of Learning by Design on Social and Cultural Issues: Virtual environments and Human Behavior, Psychology of Learning by Design, and Case Studies.
5. Evaluation of the Learning by Design: Effect on the Learner, Evaluation of the use of Art in Learning by Design, and Key Processes and Guiding Principles in Evaluating the Learning by Design
6. Youth and Learning by Design: Digital Native Learning from Digital Immigrants
7. Emerging Technologies and Methodologies For speakers list and more information please click here.
For inquiries and information about paper submission procedures, please download the file here.