yentrodhAraka hanumAn [photographs]

  • Aditya Rao
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005

      Namaskara,

      Please find attached a few photographs I took during my visit to Yanthrodharaka at Hampi last weekend. You can also find the photos uploaded to our Yahoo groups photo album. Please find below the significance of yanthrodhAraka

      Regards

      Aditya

      Importance of yentrodhAraka hanumAn

      Around 1500, shrI vyAsarAja started installing 732 hanumAn vigrahAs all over the kingdom starting with the yantrOdhAraka hanumAn at chakrathIrtha near Hampi. He also composed an ashTaka on hanumAn. There is an interesting anecdote about yantrOdhAraka hanumAn vigraha.

      One day in chakrathIrtha while meditating on mukhya prAna dEvaru, he was inspired by mukhya prAna to draw a picture of hanumantha on one of the rocks on the hill. As per the inspiration shrI vyAsa tIrtha drew a picture of hanumantha on the rock. It suddenly disappeared. He tried drawing once again. It disappeared again. Then shrI vyAsa tIrtha applied digbhandhana and the picture remained and took the form of a vigraha. To this day people who wish to master manthra siddhi, come to this place and practice to achieve their desires.

      shrI vijaya dAsa has sung about this hanumAn in his dEvaranAma -

      yenthu varNipe namma, yatiyA, yentu varNipe nammA
      yentrodhArakanAgi meravanA, yenthu varNipe namma...

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • narasimha achar
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
        Namaskra!

        This weekend i am planning for a trip to Mantralaya.Planning for Saturday and Sunday.As of now, me going alone.Please let me know if any one wants to join.

        Vandanegalu!

        Narasimhachar

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
          Namaskara!

          Please check this link.

          Got very good information.

          Danyavadagalu!

          Narasimhokhila jnana Matadwantha Divakaraha

          Jayathyamitha sugnana Sukhashakthi payonodhi hi