Query regarding Shukracharya (Venus) and Bhrigu Muni

  • ananth bhatt
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2010
      Dear Bandhus,

      I request learned Scholars to answer this query -

      Q1 As we all know, Venus, the planet is known as Shukracharya popularly, and he is the Daitya Guru.

      However, apart from this name, he is also known by his other name "Bhargava", as he is the son of the great Maharshi "Bhrigu".

      Now, as we all know, Maharshi Bhrigu is famous as the father of Nadi Astrology and he wrote his Magnum Opus "Bhrigu Nadi" which has the horoscopes of all individuals (human beings) who are ever going to be born in this world, as it has the various permutations / combinations of all the 9 planets (navagrahas) along with the Lagnas, which are possible for any time of birth of a soul as a human being on this earth.

      Now, I want to know as to when did he write this work? That is, after how many years after his son Bhargava or Shukracharya was born? Its not possible that he could have thought about this work earlier than the birth of Venus, since then the 9 planets would not have been complete without Venus.

      And, if he wrote this work after Venus was born, was there any subjective factor, considering that his own son was one of the planets? Was there any hesitation on behalf of the father?

      Q 2 And is it true, that Goddess Lakshmi cursed Bhrigu that the Bhrigu Samhita should not give accurate predictions, since he kicked Sri Vishnu on the Vaksha Sthal (the very abode where Sri Lakshmi resides) whilst checking as to who is the greatest between Vishnu, Brahma and Shiva?

      Then who restored the grandeur of that magnificent work, after pardoning him. Was it Maha Vishnu himself?

      Q3. Why didn't Maha Vishnu forgive Shukra, after Bali accidentally blinded Shukra in one eye (as Shukra had taken the form of a bee to prevent water from coming out of the Kamandalu of Bali, whilst he was going to give all the land to Vamana, during Vishnu's Vamana Avataara) as Shukra was only doing his duty to protect his own shishya, Bali Maharaja. since he is the Daitya Guru? Vishnu should have restored the eyesight of Venus, and made him handsome, just like how he was, prior to that incident.

      Kindly clarify all these questions.

      Note - I have the greatest regard for Shukracharya, as he is my favourite planet along with Buddha (Mercury) as both are the greatest of friends.

      regards,

      Ananth Bhatt

    • Pradeep Rao
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2010
        Namasthe:

        I have gone through your queries, let me try to give input based on my understanding,

        What I have understood is all the Jada will be having Tatwabhimani Devathe. Similarly for all the Grahas and Nakshatra which are Jada are having Tatwabhimani Devathe eg:

        Sun is having Surya Devru as Tatwabhimani Devathe, similarly for Moon, Earth, Venus, Jupiter and So on.

        And I have not heard about your statement that Bhargava is Shukracharya.