Re: [ITMS] Career Advise: IVY COMPTECH OR ACCENTURE

  • Prakash Tadas
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2010
      Madhusudhan,

      I tried to know a bit about IVY comptech and it appears that:
      1. IVY is a subsidiary of Party Gaming - the online betting game portal
      2. They are not into actual product development which they do not market to clients as such
      3. Their money is in maintaining their parent's systems
      4. i think Online betting as such is still illegal in US (u can verify however..)
      5. But however you may get very handson experience of their tech in the due course

      Reg ACCENTURE:
      1. This is a pretty vast stream
      2. Projects range form lowest value addition to pretty high end as well
      3. But if you do good job you will have options to switch projects if need be..
      4. But you will have to strive a lot in ACC than in IVY to make your presence felt

      Am deliberately not trying to make a conclusion here.. I am trying to give the facts that i could collect..

      But as such if you are pretty interested in a startup.. not a bad idea .. but you can also see if you will have any other options of startup where they are marketing products on their own..!

      Hopefully I haven't confused you further.. but I would usually look at few critical negatives very carefully given a choice..!

      Thanks,
      Prakash Tadas

      On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 5:19 AM, Neelesh Ahankari <neelesh.ahankari@...> wrote:

      I second Vishnu's thought...

      On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 4:41 AM, Vishnuteerth Agnihotri <vishnuteerth@...> wrote:

      Hi Madhusudan,

      If you are a fresher (Less than 2yrs exp) you can join IVY COMPTECH, I dont much about the company, but as this is startup, you may have better opportunity to learn and growth.I feel in Bigger companies like Accenture your activities may be restricted to your team may not have exposure other activities.

      If you are experienced and you want to settle in one comapny for long time then you may prefer brand value, as your job is more secured.

      Above is just my opinion

      Regards
      Vishnu

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2010
        Thanks alot for everyone who contributed towards this discussion. Though my experience is nearing 5 years now, I am inclined towards technical growth rather than managerial growth.

        In last few days I have found more information about IVY Comptech and their work culture.
        Being a small company and product oriented one, I would get to learn a lot technically and my achievements would be taken note of by the management.
        Besides,there is no work pressure, you have good bonus payouts and good hikes.

        Accenture, though a big brand, does not assure me of a project as soon as I join the company and if you are on bench for more than a month or two, there is every chance of you being sidelined. Being a big company, you are just one of many people working and even if you doing better than others there is a little chance of one being recognized.

        Therefore, I have decided to join IVY COMPTECH.

        Thanks once again for all the valuable suggestions that i have received.

        HAREY SRINIVAASA

        Madhusudan Deshpande
        !! ಹರಿ ಸರ್ವೋತ್ತಮ ವಾಯು ಜೀವೋತ್ತಮ !!

        On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Prakash Tadas <prakash.tadas@...> wrote:

[...]