[ISO8601] Re: PKWare PKZIP Suite for Windows.

  • g1smd@amsat.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2000
      On 2000-Dec-01 FB wrote:

      > How about the new PKZIP Suite for Windows.
      >
      > It only supports one date format -- MM/DD/YYYY!
      >
      > Despite being supposedly Windows 2000 compatible, it does not read
      > the international customisations to formats such as YYYY-MM-DD.

      [2000-Dec-02]

      Thanks for that. How completely crazy.

      Several years ago I looked into the dates that were stored internally inside
      an archive file. I'm sure that it was YYYY-MM-DD, and that I was looking at
      ZIP files created by the old DOS command-line version of PKZIP, such as
      Version 2.04g; but maybe it wasn't. I remember, too, that I also looked at
      the date format of file dates stored inside ARJ, ARC, and other compression
      formats. The ARJ format originates from Japan, I believe, so YYYY-MM-DD
      would be right.

      Thanks for the note. I'm going to have another look at this, and sort out
      what is going on. I don't use the PKZIP for Windows program; it has inbuilt
      adverts, and feature wise it is way behind WINZIP, which I much prefer. A
      very useful program to deal with TAR, GZ, Z, UU, Mime, BinHex, Base64 and
      other file formats is Aladdin Expander, a must on my system.

      <mail://g1smd@...>

      <http://www.qsl.net/g1smd/>
      <http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/dstrange/y2k.htm>

      <ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/ham/misc/g1smd.zip>
      <ftp://ftp.qsl.net/pub/g1smd/>

      [2000-12-02]

      .end