[ISO8601] Re: ISO 8601 spec.

  • g1smd@amsat.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2000
      On 2000-Oct-17 <rbirkby@...> wrote:

      > I remember reading a website saying that the ISO 8601
      > standard wasn't freely available and gave links to the
      > working drafts of the standard.

      > It seems to be freely available here:
      > http://www.iso.ch/markete/8601.pdf

      [2000-Nov-01]

      Hi,
      Several web sites say that ISO standards aren't available online, however
      the ISO 8601 standard seems to be a major exception. This is probably due to
      it's immediate and effective use in solving 'The Year 2000 Problem' (and
      other problems) with computer systems.

      My own Web Site also has a link to a copy of a (marked up) draft of the
      1998/1999 revision of ISO 8601 which I think has still not officially been
      published by ISO (at least I found no reference to an update in the British
      Standards listings a few months ago). The ISO 8601 standard is implemented
      throughout Europe as EN 28601, and hence in Britain as BS EN 28601. See
      <http://www.qsl.net/g1smd/> for the links to both of these documents.

      My web site also contains a cross-reference list of the standards number
      assigned to ISO 8601 when implemented in many different countries around the
      world, which may be of use to a few people. As ever, I am looking for
      updates from people out there... If you know the standards number of the
      implementation of ISO 8601 in your country and it is not already listed, or
      it is incorrectly listed, on my Web Site, then please let me know the
      details. See <http://www.qsl.net/g1smd/isoimp.htm> for my list.

      <mail://g1smd@...>

      <http://www.qsl.net/g1smd/>
      <http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/dstrange/y2k.htm>

      <ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/ham/misc/g1smd.zip>
      <ftp://ftp.qsl.net/pub/g1smd/>

      [2000-11-01]

      .end