Re: [ISO8601] Re: Java library for handling dates and times, ISO 8601-based

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 23, 2004
      In a message dated 2/23/2004 5:18:46 PM Central Standard Time, aron@... writes:
      I'm confused: does Herman's original comment about considering "the
      function approach," above, have any pertinence to the JodaTime Java
      API at <http://joda-time.sourceforge.net/>?
      Do you think the Joda Time use is as easy as with the functional approach?

      Herman
    • Stephen Colebourne
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 23, 2004
        JodaTime:

        // current date in default locale/timezone
        DateTime dt = new DateTime();
        // gets the timezone for Vienna using the Olsen data underneath
        DateTimeZone viennaZone = DateTimeZone.getInstance("Europe/Vienna");
        // convert the datetime returned before to that in a Vienna time zone
        DateTime timeVienna = dt.withTimeZone(viennaZone);
        // get the time
        int hour = timeVienna.getHourOfDay();
        int Minute = timeVienna.getMinuteOfHour();

        All the above will use the ISO8601 calendar calculation engine internally.
        Stephen