Admin Note [Forum Rules]

  • g1smd_amsat_org
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2003

      Since the silly season seems to be back with us, a quick recap:

      * Only quote a SMALL part of any previous message when replying.

      * Write your reply BELOW the text that you are quoting.

      * Cut off ALL signature text from any quoted material.

      Many of the messages just before, and up to,
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ISO8601/message/720 are a travsety to
      accepted Netiquette. It gets worse as replies get longer. However,
      several mssages after that one seem to have the right idea though.

      Thank you!
    • NGUYEN Adam
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 11, 2003
                 Well, my case must be a special one as my antivirus program automatically adds some text to all incoming e-mails and I don't think my e-mail program allows responding INSIDE another person's e-mail. Every time I tried to do it, it would add to that e-mail, making it look like the original sender was saying what I'm responding to. I don't know what other people on here are using so, maybe they have a similar case.

                 The Yahoo signatures aren't a problem. I can cut those out when I'm replying.

        PS: Isn't today (2003-12-11) this forum's fourth anniversary?

        At 2003-12-11 01:58 (UTC +0000), you wrote:

        [2003-12-11]

        Since the silly season seems to be back with us, a quick recap:

        * Only quote a SMALL part of any previous message when replying.

        *  Write your reply BELOW the text that you are quoting.

        *  Cut off ALL signature text from any quoted material.

        Many of the messages just before, and up to,
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ISO8601/message/720 are a travsety to
        accepted Netiquette.  It gets worse as replies get longer.  However,
        several mssages after that one  seem to have the right idea though.

        Thank you!

        ---
        Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.