Re: [ISO8601] How do you think a machine should do i? Magic does work?

    Message 1 of 2 , May 16 6:46 AM

      This is not any problem, a human or a machine interpreter can correct
      interpret such values.

    • Ed Davies
      Message 2 of 2 , May 16 7:51 AM
        HJW,

        In your message, quoted in full below, you simply quote a fragment of
        "mailinglists'" message with no additional text except a rather cryptic
        subject line.

        This is extremely frustrating for the rest of us as we (or at least, I)
        cannot understand what you are talking about. Please could you make the
        effort to give a bit more context information in your messages.

        >From the previous messages I think you are talking about an ambiguous
        form in ISO 8601. Perhaps you could give us a specific example of a
        string of characters which you think is a valid ISO 8601 date, time,
        date/time or whatever with the different interpretations you think it
        can be given. If this isn't relevant to the subject of this discussion
        please tell us what is.

        In general, it is almost always better to give a bit too much information
        than a bit too little.

        Ed Davies.