I noticed something...

  • ali0917
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29 7:24 AM
      I read a number of archived posts here concerning ISO 8601 and
      the year-month-day date order in general. I saw that the date that
      the decision to standardise would be at or around 2001-01-02. Well,
      it seems that many have not done this yet. Many people still don't
      even know or have heard of ISO 8601 or a standard date format.
      Companies may know about it and may even use it internally but, when
      dates are given to the general population, they are turned back into
      their local preferred form. One way to get the population to adjust
      to the YYYY-MM-DD format is for all companies that give out dates to
      people to use YYYY-MM-DD only. Another way is for television/cable
      TV adverts to be in YYYY-MM-DD (usually season premires/finales
      would do the trick).

      If anyone on here gets where I'm going with this, you can easily
      see that what I mean is this: Wherever the general population will
      be exposed to ANY date, always have this date in the YYYY-MM-DD
      format. Once the general population gets used to it, it's only a
      matter of time before everyone uses it.
    • Sunatori, Go Simon
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 30 1:53 PM
        Well, I also noticed something...

        I read a number of archived posts there concerning SI/metric
        measurement system and the metre-kilogram-second (MKS) format in
        general. I saw that the date that the decision to standardise would be
        at or around 1893-01-01 (See note below). Well, it seems that many
        have not done this yet. Many people still don't even know or have
        heard of SI/metric measurement system or a standard MKS format.
        Companies may know about it and may even use it internally but, when
        measurements are given to the general population, they are turned back
        into their local preferred form. One way to get the population to
        adjust to the SI/metric measurement system is for all companies that
        give out measurements to people to use MKS format only. Another way is
        for television/cable TV adverts to be in MKS format (usually season
        premires/finales would do the trick).

        If anyone on here gets where I'm going with this, you can easily see
        that what I mean is this: Wherever the general population will be
        exposed to ANY measurement, always have this measurement in the
        MKS format. Once the general population gets used to it, it's only a
        matter of time before everyone uses it.

        In 1875, the United States solidified its commitment to the development
        of the internationally recognized metric system by becoming one of the
        original seventeen signatory nations to the Treaty of the Meter.

        In 1893, metric standards, developed through international cooperation
        under the auspices of BIPM, were adopted as the fundamental standards
        for length and mass in the United States.

        Prof. Simon Sunatori, P.Eng./ing., M.Eng. (Engineering Physics), F.N.A.
        --
        Simon Sunatori <http://WWW.HyperInfo.CA/~GS.Sunatori@.../>
        65, des Parulines <mailto:GS.Sunatori@...>