[ISO8601] What progress with ISO 8601?

  • g1smd@amsat.org
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2000
      [2000-Jun-29]

      This mailing list has been a bit quiet of late. How about each subscriber
      out there posting a short message about what they have been doing recently
      to advance the usage of ISO 8601. Give some details of the various people
      and organisations that you have been contacting, and their responses. Let us
      know about Web Sites that have already made the change to the new format.
      Then tell us all about any other sites that have useful information about
      the standard, or have good arguments for using it. Let us know about any
      sites that have incorporated it into various official standards and
      recommendations. We all know about the various national standards in many
      different countries; I have a already compiled a list at:
      <http://www.qsl.net/g1smd/isoimp.htm>. However, there are many other places
      (perhaps some not so widely known?) that can be publicised. For example,
      many years ago, the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe,
      incorporated it into their Simpler Trade Working Agreements. This isn't too
      widely known. In fact I had never heard of UNECE until I stumbled across
      their web site at <http://www.unece.org/> some while ago.

      What else can you all tell us about?

      <mail://g1smd@...>

      <http://www.qsl.net/g1smd/>
      <http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/dstrange/y2k.htm>
      <http://www.aegis1.demon.co.uk/y2k/y2k.htm>

      <ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/ham/misc/g1smd.zip>
      <ftp://ftp.qsl.net/pub/g1smd/>

      [2000-06-29]

      .end
    • g1smd@amsat.org