New poll for ISO8601

  • ISO8601@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 3 8:05 PM
      ISO8601 group:

      If our present year-month-day calendar
      format were to be changed to one of
      the alternative formats described in
      ISO 8601 and required a vote, which
      format would you prefer?

      o Year-Week-Day (YYYY-Www-D)
      o Year-Day of the year (YYYY-DDD)
      o A format not included in ISO 8601

      web site listed above.

      Thanks!
    • John Boucher <LAartPhoto@aol.com>
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 4 8:06 AM
        What's _this_ crap now?
        Asking us to interpret non-standard formats using the standard? Whafa?
      • ISO8601@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 3, 2003
          ISO8601 group:

          Do you prefer to put a leading zero in
          front of a day number within a month,
          as in "01 January 2000", "2000 January
          01", and "January 01, 2000" or do you
          prefer to use no leading zero in front
          of a day number within a month,
          like "1 January 2000", "2000 January
          1", and "January 1, 2000"? Explain why
          or why not if you wish.

          o Yes (like "2000 January 01")
          o No (like "2000 January 1")

          web site listed above.

          Thanks!
        • Gilbert Healton
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 3, 2003
            Did not see a place on the voting form for a "why", so here it is.

            Column
            Alignment

            When printing dates in column format, keeping column alignment makes
            it much easier to scan the dates. At least it does for me.
          • Pete Forman
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 4, 2003
              At 2003-09-04 01:38 +0000, ISO8601@yahoogroups.com wrote:
              >Do you prefer to put a leading zero in
              >front of a day number within a month,
              >[...]
              >Explain why
              >or why not if you wish.

              I voted yes as that is all that ISO 8601 permits.

              But where was the chance to add my explanation? I would not have
              registered any vote if I'd realized that this was unavailable.

              That poll is off topic for this group in any case.

              --
              Pete Forman -./\.- Disclaimer: This post is originated
              WesternGeco -./\.- by myself and does not represent