Date and time anyplace in the world. For those who I told about it.

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2002
      I have completed this using ISO date and time.  The program takes the ISO 2 or 3 letter codes for anyplace in the world and it can convert the date from the one to the other, adjusting for daylight.  US, Canada, Austrial use the state, province or territory code.  Russia divides the country into time zone regions.

      It uses rules, so that as the year changes it determines the daylight start date and end date first second last or what ever day of the month is selected.  Making it run fast proved the most difficult.  I programed it a couple of steps below the file level so that I did not have the overhead of files.  This permits me to put the data in virtual more rather than file disk storage, thereby saving the time of moving records from disk files to virtual memory.

      The UNICODE consortium has as it's goal:

      Unicode provides a unique number for every character,
      no matter what the platform,
      no matter what the program,
      no matter what the language.

      Also one of their objectives is to process and provide date and time in local formats.  This is my next task including the UNICODE text date standards.

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2002
        1) Do you want to give a pointer to the program?

        2) About the last sentence- Where does Unicode say it has date and time
        in local formats as an objective? I don't believe Unicode wants to be
        anything more than a character standard.

        tex

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2002
          showing as one of the groups you are a member of.
          On the right side under membership there is an option to leave the
          group.
          tex