Standard keys for Time and Date

  • Stephen GOULD
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2002
      TO: Gilbert HEALTON
      Peter HAAS
      Peter NELSON

      Gilbert you have carried out a great deal of work over the years particularly with
      your analysis of how dates are used by different operating systems. Your web-
      page is an excellent explanation of the history of Calendars and provides some
      very useful links especially the Time Zones.

      PERMISSION FOR PERMANENT LINK

      Thank you for explanations and contributions to a better understanding of
      dates and time issues in relation to ISO 8601.

      With your permission we would like to include those explanations as permanent
      links on the proposed Electronic Information Interchange [EII] Date structure so
      that people no longer have to key in dates or use drop down menus.
      http://www.halisa.net/cpt/d/AS2002.htm

      TIME & DATE ICONS, HOT-KEYS OR TOOL-BAR

      There obviously needs to be a standard key for calling up a date - like cut {Ctrl
      C} and paste {Ctrl V}.

      Perhaps Ctrl D be suitable for calling up a rolling 12 month Date menu and Ctrl T
      for calling up a Time clock for all E-business applications.

      There may be Date tool-bar, hot-key or icon so that a mouse can be used to
      select the whole date.

      What do you think ?

      FORMULA FOR CALCULATING TIME

      There is obviously a formula for calculating time in relation to longitude and
      latitude.

      As cars now have inbuilt GPS systems they must use some way of keeping the
      car clock in sync as you drive through different time zones.

      Does anyone know how they do it ? And could it be modified for E-business
      applications ?

      NEXT STEPS

      All feedback appreciated

      regards