How do I represent the first quarter of each year in ISO 8601

  • jhock96
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2009
      Hi,

      How do I represent the first three months of every year in ISO 8601. I know one can represent a period by "P3M" and one can represent a recurring period with the "R" but I can't work out how to represent recurring periods with breaks between these periods.

      I believe R/1990-01/P3M represents three month periods since January 1990but that would be January to March, April to June, July to September and October to December since January 1990.

      Does something like R/1990-01/03/P1Y represent January to March 1990 and then every year after that?

      Thanks.

      Jhock96