Ten Years On...

  • g1smd_amsat_org
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30 3:50 PM
      [2009-May-30]

      Ten years on, and some communities are still having healthy debate...
      http://www.reddit.com/r/geek/comments/870qk/is_it_just_me_or_is_the_iso_8601_calendar_date/
      ...covering the same stuff we thrashed out a decade ago.

      I guess that's because perhaps 90% of the people on the internet now,
      were not using the web way back then. I see ISO 8601 widely adopted
      on web sites and in software packages, but there's still a long way to go.

      Message 2 of 2 , May 30 6:13 PM

        Reading through that thread, after the first few lines, I am not sure it is what I would call healthy debate.

        But it is nice that yyyymmdd is becoming more commonplace.