No activity

    Message 1 of 4 , May 7, 2008
      Wow, nothing since 2007-08-24.
    • nilamberbiswal
      Message 2 of 4 , May 12, 2008
        --- In ISO8601@yahoogroups.com, "piebaldconsult" <PIEBALDconsult@...>
        wrote:

        > Wow, nothing since 2007-08-24.

        What is the date format for BC ?

        nilambar biswal.
        Message 3 of 4 , May 12, 2008
          I believe the typical date format in BC was the guy would club a woman
          over the head and drag her by her hair back to the cave.

          tex

          --- In ISO8601@yahoogroups.com, "nilamberbiswal" <nilamberbiswal@...>

          Message 4 of 4 , May 13, 2008
            Well, at the time the guy with club didn't know he was supposed to
            count backwards. However ISO does define the date format for prior to
            current era. The format does differ from what is commonly used in
            the field of history, so you need to decide if you want to use. It
            differs two ways.

            *The year field uses negative years (and year zero), with a minus
            sign and leading zeroes to pad to four digits, 0000 is 1BC, -0001 is
            2 BC etc. This convention is also used in astronomy.

            *The date is required to be in the Gregorian calendar (which wasn't
            invented and used until 1582). Most "history" works use an
            extrapolated Julian calendar.

            It is easy enough to convert, but I don't know if many people use ISO
            date format for this period. I would expect you would have to explain
            it.