Wikipedia on ISO8601

  • g1smd_amsat_org
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 13, 2007
      [2007-Jul-13]

      I see that the Wikipedia entry for ISO 8601 has been heavily edited,
      mostly by one person. Several sections of the article, things that
      have been there for many years have now been swept away, especially
      the stuff written by many of the early pioneers that started this
      Yahoo group many years ago. Shame!

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 14, 2007
        I just took a quick look and nothing jumped out at me as being grossly
        wrong.

        What would be wrong is if a particular piece of not-quite-rightness
        were left unfixed simply because so-and-so wrote it.

        I made a bunch of changes to it a while back (more than a year?) and
        certainly didn't consider who the author was, only whether or not the
        information were correct and clear. And I'm certainly not offended if
        someone changed my changes.

        Having said that, I think the following statement is wrong
        "For instance 200406 could either mean the year 200406 or June 2004."
        because to be year 200406 there needs to be a plus sign.