Re: How is this all related to ISO 8601 ?

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 7, 2007
      > Can someone point me to the FAQ ?

      Read the spec if you haven't yet, it's in the Files section of the
      Group. There are other files in there as well that may answer some
      common questions, or at least show that we don't know either.

      > What tactic(s) do I use to get my company / clients on the ISO8601
      band-wagon ?

      Get your colleagues to do the same.

      The main thing to bear in mind about ISO 8601 is that it is intended
      primarily for exchanging temporal data as text between computers.

      Using it in other written communication (like email) isn't necessary;
      however you should probably get into the habit of formatting dates
      and times in similar ways:
      A) Use ISO 8601 formats for dates
      B) Use twenty-four hour time
      C) Make an effort to use time zone offsets when time zone information
      is necessary

      I don't suggest you go all out and add the "T" between dates and
      times when the expected reader is not a computer.

      When it comes to actual data interchange between computers, insist on
      ISO 8601. XML Schema uses formats that were "inspired by ISO 8601",
      so simply insisting on XML should accomplish this.