Do you think this is ISO-8601 date/time format

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 18, 2007
      When it doesn't permit date/time like "2007-01-17T13:00:00.120"  XML considers it an error. for format
      'YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss.sss"

      People are experiencing errors because some XML converts
      2007-01-17T13:00:00.000"  to 2007-01-17T13:00:00"

      Other XML considers that a error for format:
      'YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss.sss"

      Other errors are
      2007-01-17T13:00:00.120456"  because it has more than 3 fractional digits.

      "The fractional second string, if present, must not end in '0';"
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 18, 2007
        The W3C's XML Schema built-in datatypes for date and time are
        only "inspired" by ISO 8601, they are not necessarily compliant.

        But you can easily create your own datatypes that are.

        > "The fractional second string, if present, must not end in '0';"

        I think what that means is that when _writing_ a value, don't include
        trailing zeroes. There should be no problem _reading_ a value that has
        a trailing zero.
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 18, 2007
          In a message dated 1/18/2007 11:38:07 A.M. Central Standard Time, PIEBALDconsult@... writes:
          I think what that means is that when _writing_ a value, don't include
          trailing zeroes. There should be no problem _reading_ a value that has
          a trailing zero.

          Not sure what you means
          There should be no problem _reading_ a value that has
          a trailing zero.

          or
          There should be no problem _reading_ a value that has
          a no trailing zero.

          Either is no problems if everyone agrees.  The Internet means date/time will be coming and going from and to everywhere in the world,  every platform, every environment (Java C Unix , .Net, Oracle) and unless everyone agrees, what works one place wouldn't work another place.

          hjw

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 18, 2007
            > Not sure what you means
            > There should be no problem _reading_ a value that has
            > a trailing zero.
            > or
            > There should be no problem _reading_ a value that has
            > a no trailing zero.

            Well, both.

            I was just rereading the W3C document again. One of the weaknesses
            (in my opinion) of the W3C document is the statement:

            -----
            the whole number of seconds ·may· be followed by decimal seconds to
            an arbitrary level of precision. This is represented in the picture
            by "ss.sss".
            -----

            To me this would mean that the ".sss" in XML Schema would equate
            to ".s_s" in ISO 8601 rather than to ".sss"