UCD Date/Time

  • steve_wehrle@uk.ibm.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2001
      I don't knmow if this is the right forum for this one, but here goes :

      I've found a date/time format called "UCD", which could stand for
      Universal something-or-other. An example is 1000304474, which looks
      like it could be a number of seconds since a particular date/time.

      Has anybody got any ideas :
      what this is
      what the start date/time was
      how to translate it to normal date/time?
      TIA

      Steve Wehrle
    • Philip Mak
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2001
        --- In ISO8601@y..., steve_wehrle@u... wrote:
        > I've found a date/time format called "UCD", which could stand for
        > Universal something-or-other. An example is 1000304474, which looks
        > like it could be a number of seconds since a particular date/time.
        >
        > Has anybody got any ideas :
        > what this is

        That is a number of seconds. It means: Wed Sep 12 10:21:14 2001

        > what the start date/time was

        Wed Dec 31 19:00:00 1969

        > how to translate it to normal date/time?

        On a UNIX system, check "man ctime". That C function will convert it for you. The "ctime" function is also available in perl via the Date::Format module.
      • P A Hill & E V Goodall
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 6, 2001
          Philip Mak wrote:
          > Wed Dec 31 19:00:00 1969

          That looks to me like an Eastern Time (i.e. America/New_York) the
          Unix time epoch is equivalently represented (in ISO8601 if I can type!)
          as 1970-01-01 T 00:00:00 Z

          -Paul