Re: [ISO8601] Re: Fraction of days, hours, minutes, seconds.

    Message 1 of 35 , Oct 2, 2006
      In a message dated 10/2/2006 1:06:45 P.M. Central Daylight Time, PIEBALDconsult@... writes:
      Just because some authority says it's base-60 doesn't make it so. (I
      thought the W3C site said so, but I can't find it now, still looking.)

      Question Authority!

      If appears most of the world uses the word base.
      I prefer to adjust than try to change the world.

      hjw
      Message 35 of 35 , Oct 3, 2006
        > Probably another way to solve the Leap Second issue would be to adopt
        > a new leap second scheme for decimal days, if decimal days becomes a
        > common representation of parts of a day in the future.

        Which might be required, after all the concept "leap second" is pretty
        much hour/minute/second-centric. But I doubt we could get the IERS to
        also define leap-thousandths.

        This sort of thing may be why ISO 8601 hesitates to support fractional
        days. And why W3C shuns leap seconds.