RE: [ISO8601] Mattias - Conspiracy Facts not Theories

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 16, 2006
      Stephen, et al.

      1) The purpose of this ISO8601 yahoogroup list is to discuss ISO 8601. We
      should now return to the topic, and also to maintain decorum.

      Stephen answered Mattis' question. Further discussion about standards
      conspiracies can occur on the other lists or between individuals.

      2) Also, this is not the right place to solicit further involvement in OIC
      activities.

      We are now aware of the seminar and the proposed working group, enough said
      about them.

      3) Finally, list members should refrain from personal attacks. The names
      "piebald" or "Anonymous coward" are no more secretive than other ids used
      with mail. There is no guarantee that "tex texin" or "Stephen gould" are
      legitimate names of the users they represent either.

      4) I don't want to debate the above. It is my opinion. I do want to discuss
      ISO 8601 here, as do others. We have had enough mails in the past from
      members saying we should adhere to the topic and not stray, so I am
      confident of the list's support for the above.

      Tex Texin
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 17, 2006
        > 1) The purpose of this ISO8601 yahoogroup list is to discuss ISO
        8601. We
        > should now return to the topic, and also to maintain decorum.

        I'll second that.

        I see this as a place for they who are wandering confused to come and
        find clarity in this troubled old world of ours. Anguished wanderers
        should come in with questions and leave (well, not _leave_ exactly)
        with the soul-soothing explanations of why ISO8601 is, and ought to be,
        the way it is. And how it can and cannot ease the troubles of everyday
        life.

        Hwa hwa hwa