ISO8601 may be used improperly (e.g. DD-MM-YY, MM-DD-YYY...)

  • hup_si
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2005
      I've noticed quite often, that people & organisations try to go to the
      new date standard, but do not understand, that it is more than just
      the replacement of the "/" or "." with the "-".

      Recent Examples:
      - Retailers in Germany replace the former "DD.MM.YY" with "DD-MM-YY"
      - Peugeout shows the date in our car as "DD-MM-YY"
      - I've got a confirmation from DELL today(2005-04-14!!):
      . Service Tag: 1SPPK0J
      . Datum des Serviceauftrags: 14-04-05 (DD-MM-YY !!!)
      . Serviceauftrags #: ...

      The last one made me think that something should be done right now.
      That's why I joined your group.

      Do you have any national contacts where problems like the above could
      be addressed to?

      Regards
      Hubert