Interval specification

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 21, 2004
      I have a need to specify something like "every day at 01:00". I don't
      see a format that does that. Recurring intervals don't do it, because
      it's not an interval. Or it _is_ an interval, but it doesn't have a
      _complete_ starting (or ending) point.

      "R/P1D" will do the recurring one day interval, but to add the time
      I'd also need to specify the date, e.g. "R/2004-12-21T01:00:00/P1D"
      and that's not what I want, I'd want to leave out the date.

      Of course I'm going from the 2004-12-19 version, does a newer version
      allow for an incomplete timepoint in a recurring interval? Has anyone
      out there simply gone ahead and done this even though it may be non-
      compliant?

      Another option of course is to have two values, one for the recurring
      interval and one for the... ummm... anchor time-of-day.

      Other concerns would be to be able to specify "every Sunday", other
      than having a Sunday timepoint and "P7D" or "P1W".
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 29, 2004
        OK, no reponses in a week. I was rereading the spec again yesterday
        and finally noticed section 5.5.5 "Representations other than
        complete". It seems I _can_ use something like "-W-7T01:00:00/P1W"
        where the date and time are truncated (incomplete) but are still
        valid under 5.2, 5.3, and 5.4, yay!
        How such a beast is interpreted is up to the partners in information
        interchange (me, myself, and I). For the purpose at hand I use it to
        say "Once a week, on Sunday, at 1AM". Now I just need to write the
        routines for handlng it (the fun part).