joining

  • Han Maenen
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2000
      Hello,

      I am Han Maenen from the Netherlands and I am interested in decent
      international standards like the International System of Units
      and rational formats of date and time, as they exist in ISO 8601.
      Of course, my Amiga 1200 and my Windows 98 PC are set to the ISO
      standard.

      This am/pm and m/d/y thing is irrational, a vestige from the Dark
      Ages and the world should rid itself of it.

      The IT sector still thinks that am/pm and m/d/y are the bees knees,
      one of the greatest achievements of mankind. Before Windows,
      everybody on the globe working with a PC was forced to use these
      formats under MS DOS, non compliance meant an error message. Do you
      know that the OS BEos, from BE.inc only offers the US formats?
      E-groups is of the same ilk; it even uses this garbage on its local
      European web sites. When I asked them why they do it, they did not
      bother to answer. These formats are not even officially recognized in
      the US, they are just a (bad) habit.

      Yes, lets get rid of medieval habits at last in the new millennium,

      Han