848Re: [ISO8601] Re: decimal and thousand separator (was weekends)

  • NGUYEN Adam
    Mar 4, 2004
      Well, the Japanese probably wouldn't change it as they use a , or
      thousands. Go to http://www.geocities.com/jusjih and look for the links
      under 'Japan (JP)'. It's somewhere around there. Justin JIH posted the
      link(s)...

      At 2004-03-04 19:52 (UTC+0000), you wrote:

      >--- In ISO8601@yahoogroups.com, NGUYEN Adam <adam917@s...> wrote:
      > > China, Taiwan, Japan, and Korea all use a decimal point (.).
      >
      >Is there any documentation available that the decimal point(.) is a
      >Japanese standard? I know that in the past, I have received
      >specifications and test data from Japanese suppliers using comma (,)
      >as a decimal separator. However, it is also likely the Japanese would
      >change particular documents to (.) if they knew a customer prefered
      >it. I can't recall for China, Taiwan, and Korea as we had fewer
      >suppliers from those countries.
      >
      >For the US, the (.) is defined in NIST Special Publications 330 and
      >811, on the metric system, available as pdf download on NIST website.
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic