2135Re: [ISO8601] The challenge

    Jun 22, 2007
      In a message dated 6/22/2007 4:39:12 A.M. Central Daylight Time, tex@... writes:

      Personally, I think it is a mistake to use names like addMonth, AddYear, because the number of seconds you need to add depends on the start value and the number of months or years etc. to be added (or subtracted if negative).

      It is bad and unnecessary with the ISO-8601 duration.

      I meant this as sarcasm and some element of ignorance:

      "However, for the last 20 years the solutions of choice has been 2 or 3 dozen individual functions.  Attempts to use a cool name for a deficient function has not made them useful."

      hjw

      See what's free at AOL.com.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic