2112Re: Are these problems relevant to ISO-8601

    Mar 3, 2007
      > ISO 8601 doesn't apply to internal representations, whether in
      memory
      > or in a binary file.
      >
      > ISO 8601 limits neither range nor precision; both can by unlimited.

      > For decimal data.
      > EEE-864 "limits neither range nor precision; both can by unlimited"
      > EEE-754 revision has range and precision, internal representation,
      every
      > language is rushing to implement it.

      It seems we go through this every couple of months. I believe you are
      bemoaning the absence of a standard _internal_ representation for
      temporal data, which has _absolutely_nothing_ to do with ISO 8601.

      Go devise one and report back. (Now I'll have to dig through this big
      stack of notes to find mine.)
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic