2043Re: [ISO8601] Re: ISO-8601 Time and UTC precision questions

    Nov 2, 2006
      In a message dated 11/1/2006 9:17:57 A.M. Central Standard Time, johnmsteele@... writes:
      I think you may be taking this out of context. It would be nice if
      you could give the context (subsection) so we know what you are
      referring to. Reduced accuracy local and UTC time are explicitly
      allowed in 4.2.2.3 and 4.2.4 and hh:mm and hh representations do NOT
      require values of minutes or seconds to be zero.

      Are these errors?
      > If time is 12:30 and syntax is hh
      > If UTC is +04:30 and syntax is ±00
      If the precision of the value is greater than of the syntax, is it an errror?
      All examples (except if underline ?)require the precision of the syntax and the value to be the same.
      Common situations:
          If  hh:mm:ss and time value is 12:30
          or hh:mm and time value is 12:30:00

      how does one handle it?