1759Re: [ISO8601] The best on Time Zones

    Jun 5, 2006
      In a message dated 6/5/2006 4:44:14 A.M. Central Daylight Time, david.settle@... writes:
      see that they have still not managed to move away from a strictly Newtonian view of time: "1.1.1 ... at any given moment it is the same time in UTC everywhere on Earth ..."

      In fact, for systems in relative motion (among other things) this is only approximately true.
      I understand that time is relative, time and space are bent by the force of gravity.
      When I look up into the sky see the light the star Arcturus, it is of 38 years ago.  So today it might not exist.  Is it wrong for me to say their is Arcturus, the sun rose when really the earth turns.

      Can you explain mo0re what you think is right and wrong?

      hjw

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic